Vitamin D3 and K2 are important nutrients that the body needs to stay healthy. Vitamin D3 helps build bones and teeth, strengthens the immune system and promotes healthy hormone production. Vitamin K2 is important for regulating calcium balance in the body and helps maintain healthy bone structure. Here are some of the best natural and supplemental sources of vitamin D3 /K2.
Natural sources of vitamin D3/K2
- Sunlight: The best natural source of vitamin D3 is sunlight. When the skin is exposed to sunlight, the body produces vitamin D3 .
- Oily Fish: Oily fish like salmon, herring, and mackerel are rich in vitamins D3 and K2.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of vitamin D3 and K2. The yolk contains more nutrients than the white.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D2, which the body can convert into vitamin D3 .
- Dairy products: Dairy products like yogurt, cheese, and milk are good sources of vitamin K2 .
Additional sources of vitamin D3/K2
- Dietary Supplements: Dietary supplements are an easy way to supplement vitamin D3 /K2 when natural sources are not sufficient. It is important to only take dietary supplements under the guidance of a doctor or nutritionist.
- Cod liver oil: Cod liver oil is a traditional dietary supplement for vitamin D3 and K2. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other essential nutrients.
- Vitamin D3 /K2 oil: Vitamin D3 /K2 oil is a combination of the two vitamins and can be easily integrated into the daily diet.
- Fortified foods: Some foods such as fruit juices, muesli and bread are fortified with vitamin D3 and K2.
Vitamin D3 and K2 are important nutrients that the body needs to stay healthy. The best natural sources are sunlight, oily fish, eggs, mushrooms and dairy products. Supplemental sources include dietary supplements, cod liver oil, vitamin D3 /K2 oil, and fortified foods. It is important that dietary supplements are only taken under the supervision of a doctor or nutritionist.