What dosage is recommended?
According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the recommended daily dose is 3g. If taken as a supplement, the dose should be divided: 0.3 g creatine per kg body weight per day, divided into several intakes, e.g. before or after training.
Important information on dosing
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- People with kidney problems should refrain from taking it or consult a doctor beforehand.
- Drink enough water while taking to support kidney function.
- Long-term use over several months is harmless.
- It does not make sense to take creatine in sports with longer endurance loads such as marathons or cycling. A balanced diet is more important here.
Creatine can increase athletic performance in certain sports, but dosage should be considered. A higher dose does not bring any additional benefits, but it can lead to side effects. People with kidney problems should refrain from taking it or consult a doctor.