Vitamin E is an important nutrient necessary for the growth and health of cells in the body. It is also an antioxidant that can help protect the body from harmful free radicals
Functions of vitamin E
Vitamin E can help protect cells in the body from free radical damage.
- It may also help reduce the risk of heart disease, certain cancers, and other conditions caused by oxidative damage.
Vitamin E has been shown to play an important role in supporting the immune system.
- It can help increase the number of white blood cells in the body, which are responsible for fighting infections.
Vitamin E is a common antioxidant found in many skin care products.
- It can help protect skin from damage caused by sun exposure and environmental toxins.
- It can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Vitamin E has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It can also help lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of blood clots.
Foods rich in vitamin E
- sunflower seeds
- rapeseed oil
It is important to get enough vitamin E through diet or supplements to optimize health. Talk to your doctor to learn how much vitamin E is appropriate for you.