Quercetin is a flavonoid found in many plant foods. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and can thus strengthen our immune system . In this article, you will learn which foods are high in quercetin .
- Onions: Onions are high in quercetin . Red onions in particular are rich in this flavonoid.
- Kale: In addition to being rich in vitamins and minerals, kale also contains quercetin .
- Broccoli: Broccoli also contains quercetin . It is also a good source of vitamin C.
- Spinach: Spinach is high in various antioxidants , including quercetin .
- Apples: Apples are high in quercetin . It's mostly in the skin, so it's important to eat apples with the skin on.
- Berries: Berries like blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries also contain quercetin . They are also rich in many other antioxidants and fiber.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and lemons also contain quercetin .
- Grapes: Grapes are another source of quercetin . It is mainly contained in the shell and the seeds.
- Tea: Tea also contains quercetin . Green tea in particular is rich in this flavonoid.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds like walnuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds also contain quercetin .
- Red Beans: Red beans are an excellent source of quercetin.
There are many different foods that contain quercetin . By incorporating these foods into your diet, you can reap the health benefits of this flavonoid. But remember that a balanced diet high in fruits and vegetables is best to get all the necessary nutrients.