Manuka honey is a special honey from New Zealand that has many health-promoting properties. It is rich in antioxidants and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. For this reason, it is often used in cosmetics to alleviate skin problems and to care for the skin . A Manuka honey face mask can be a great way to reap these benefits. Here is a guide on how to make a face mask with manuka honey :
Step 1: Gather ingredients
To make a face mask with Manuka honey , you need the following ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oatmeal (optional)
Step 2: Mix ingredients
Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a smooth batter. If the mixture is too thick, add some water to thin it out.
Step 3: Apply mask to face
Apply the mask generously to your face, avoiding the eye area. Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 4: Wash off the mask
Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water and pat your face dry.
More tips and hints
- Stirring oatmeal into the mask can create an exfoliating effect that removes dead skin cells and smoothes the skin.
- The addition of lemon juice can help reduce skin discoloration and blemishes.
- Use this mask once a week or every two weeks for best results.
- If you are allergic to honey or any other ingredient, you should not use this mask.
- Avoid applying the mask to open wounds or rashes.
- If you are unsure whether this mask is right for you, ask your doctor or beautician.
All in all, a face mask with Manuka honey is a great way to nourish and soothe the skin. If you want to try this mask, be sure to use only high-quality Manuka honey and follow the directions for use carefully.